Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Australia Fund


Next May, I will be going on a Tri-S trip to Australia with nine other people. The cost of this trip is waaaaay more money than I have saved up so I have decided to start a little fund.

A couple weeks ago, I started this fund and I have been putting all of my change/extra dollars in the "Australia Fund" bucket. So far I have racked up about fifty dollars in loose change from my car, my room, and pennies on the ground (it DOES add up when you pick up those pennies on the ground at Target and Wal-Mart).

I am doing my best not to spend a lot of money this summer, and I was doing very well considering I didn't have a job and all I did was stay at home for three weeks straight. This last week I was off from my nanny job so I spent a little bit of the money that I earned last week from babysitting. I have come to a conclusion about my money and why I spend it.

I have a life, so sue me for wanting to be social.

But, I did go to the mall today for a couple hours and managed to not spend one penny while I was there, thank you very much.

If I keep up this little Australia fund that I have going on, by next May, I should have about 400 bucks collected.

Look out Aussie, here I come.


Oh and Happy Birthday to my wonderful hubby, Morgan Harper.

No comments:

Post a Comment