Sunday, September 12, 2010

Don't Need No Starbucks


I love chai tea lattes. Pretty simple drink, a little bit of milk, couple spoonfuls of sugar, and a cup of chai tea. Easy enough. I make 'em all the time at my house without having to spend an arm and a leg (aka $4.25) at Starbucks.

Thankfully, we have an alternative here at my good ol' school. We have a cute little coffee shop in the basement of one of our cafeterias. It's called Mocha Joe's and it's a typical place to drink coffee and visit with friends, complete with pool tables and ping pong matches every day.

I went there tonight with some friends to study and chit chat. Before we got to studying, we ordered our drinks at Mocha's. I ordered a chai tea latte because I had never tried it here and figured it couldn't be all that bad. Remember, this is an easy drink to make.

The barista rung up my order and said "That will be $2.75." I kind of laughed to myself thinking, is this some kind of trick? Is it 'Everything is 1/2 off today' day? Am I being punk'd? Well, whatever the reason, I looked up at him and said "Wow! This is so much cheaper than Starbucks!" He was less than enthused when he replied with a "Yeah."

Hey, I was satisfied, he couldn't steal my thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment