Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1/2 Birthdays


What do people do to celebrate their 1/2 birthdays? Do people even recognize when their half birthday is?

Today is my half birthday which means now when people ask me how old I am, I can say with some pride, "Nineteen and a half." You know when kids are little and you ask them how old they are and they tell you to guess but when you guess you say "five" or "six." You never think to say "five and a half" or "six and a half." But then when you don't put the half on the end they get sassy and say "No, I'm five and a half." You guys all know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I just wanted to know who actually thought of when their half birthday was and if you recognize it, what do people do to celebrate?

Could you go to the bakery and ask for half of a cake? Or how about haf the age you are turning in number of candles. So I would only have 9 3/4 candles on my half cake. Ever thought of wearing just half your "birthday suit?" Hehehe.

I thought about it, then realized I would be attending classes today (but only half of them), and decided against it.

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Me! :) Mom, thanks for giving birth to me 19 and a half year ago, I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment