Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mickey Mouse



This is the mouse that we all know and love, Mickey Mouse. I had the opportunity of becoming acquainted with a mouse, but not the one that was created in 1928 by Walt Disney.

Alex, Jackson (her nephew), and I went swimming a few days ago at one of her dad's friends house.

We went there a few days before and the pool was on the line of gross and nasty. There were just so many bugs and leaves and moss in the pool. Alex quickly got everything sick out of the pool with the net and we went on swimming the day away.

Anyway, the second time we went there it was the same story. We saw bugs, leaves and the moss-looking stuff. We got most of the things out of the pool except for one thing.

While Alex was applying sunscreen to Jackson, I decided to walk into the pool using the steps and about 3 seconds later was greeted by a cute little forest creature.

A mouse.

I quickly ran up the steps and onto the concrete saying very calmly, "Oh my gosh! A mouse! In the pool!" (Very calmly? Ha.)

He was kind of cute sitting safely in the corner of the pool, not bothering anyone. But I decided that I wasn't going to leave the pool unless we got him out of the pool and onto safe ground.

I grabbed the net and creeped over near the mouse, slowly lowering the net into the water and closer and closer to the mouse. I got under him and lifted the net up out of the water. But then I realized something, he could run up the pole that I was holding and bite me and kill me with the possible diseases that he carried. So I did the only thing I could think of at the moment.

Scream.

Loud.

As I was screaming bloody murder, I kept trying to scoop up the mouse with the net, and did so unsuccessfully about four times. I finally got under the mouse quickly and flung him out over the pool and onto the grass.

Mission complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment