Friday, July 16, 2010

Backwards Songs


Have you ever tried to call in to your favorite radio station to win a contest? You know, be the #17 caller to win a free trip to Disney (but first you have to answer a random question about animals), or how about the first caller, (but you must first say a silly tongue twister). THOSE radio contests.

If you have tried to call in and be the first, second, third..etc. caller, you know how frustrating it is to call and hear that annoying three-dinged noise. You know, the one you hear when you dial the wrong number. But on the radio when this happens, you hear those three-dings and a familiar voice say, "I'm sorry, please try your call again later as there is too much phone traffic now." When you hear that though, you probably don't just give up there, do you? No. You hang up and quickly hit the redial button only to hear that familiar voice again deliver the "I'm sorry.." message.

Now, how many times have you actually gotten through and hear a voice say to you, "Hello! You are our first caller, what's your name?"

That is what I heard this morning on my way to work. (Only after I was asked what my name was, I froze up and responded about five seconds too late.) Way to go, Kels.

In order to win the contest that was going on, you had to be the first caller and listen to a randomly selected song and name the song. Sounds easy, right? Oh I guess i forgot to mention the part where the song is played BACKWARDS. So, I listened to the song and totally knew what it was. Brad Paisley - "Ticks." Absolutely.

The radio personality asked me, "Okay, Kelsi, what is the name of this song? So I responded confidently with my answer of "Ticks" and I knew I had it in the bag.

Until he responded with, "Oh no, I'm so sorry, Kelsi. Next caller?"

My happiness sure lasted long.

No comments:

Post a Comment