Saturday, July 24, 2010

Wait, what?


Last night I went to the movie with Alex and we sat through an hour and a half of pure humor. I'm sure you have heard of the movie "Grown Ups" with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. Sooooo funny.

Well anyway, just before the showing, I decided to use the restroom so I didn't have to be annoying halfway during the show and step on people's toes and say "excuse me" seven times. I got to the bathroom and there was no line. To all guys out there, this IS a big deal at a movie theater. Us girls always have to wait in line.

So, I walked out and on my way back to the theater I saw something I have never seen before.

A line in the guy's restroom. What? I thought girls were supposed to travel in packs and create enormous lines in the bathroom. Hey, I'm not complaining though, I was the one who didn't have to wait. Girls win this one.

I walk to the theater, laugh my butt off for 90 minutes straight and Alex and I are on our way back to her house. I stayed the night and left her house around noon today. I was driving home and I was driving through a neighborhood and saw something pretty crazy.

A guy was pushing a little girl in a stroller. Not so crazy right? He was texting. No big shocker there. But because he WAS texting and not paying attention to the sidewalk, he kind of veered off and somehow got into the street. A oncoming car honked their horn and the guy swerved back onto the sidewalk saving that cute little girl enjoying her walk. And the not-so-responsible brother/dad/babysitter..whatever he was.

Now THAT is crazy. Thank you God for keeping both of them safe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment