Thursday, June 10, 2010

Burnt French Toast and a Cup of Tea Later




I made applesauce French toast for lunch today. One of my favorite foods. Another one of my (new) favorites is chai tea, thanks Carrie Borchardt.

My mom had some tea already in the house so I decided what else would go better with my favorite food than my new fave drink? As the french toast was still on the burner, water went into the mug, mug went into the microwave and 3 and a half minutes later the water was boiling, ready for tea to be brewed in. I stuck my hand in the microwave only to realize that if I held on to the mug handle for too long, I would burn myself, and we don't want that.

So, I grabbed a nearby towel and wrapped it around my hand to prevent from burning. I grabbed the handle and lifted it out of the microwave. Instantly, a sharp pain spiraled through my hand and I quickly put the mug down. I looked at my hand where i grabbed the handle to see a blister already forming from the new burn. I immediately ran to the sink and ran my hand under cold water for the next ten minutes. A huge blister (see pic above) and 3 hours later, here I am, telling all of you about my great morning.

Note to self: Next time I take hot, boiling water out of the microwave, wrap my WHOLE hand in the towel, not just my fingers.

P.S. It is hard to type with only one finger on the right hand.

By the way, I burnt my french toast in the great effort to try and save my burning hand.

1 comment: