Monday, June 14, 2010

I Need a GPS


I am a nanny for two boys, they are 8 and 5. These boys pick up on information very quickly, things like my pet fish's name, my likes and dislikes dealing with food, and how old I am.

They picked up on something last week that just made my day. And because the boys and I make a trip somewhere around Westfield everyday, we usually get, well, lost.

We were en route to the bowling alley and I had been given directions to the bowling alley from the dad of the two boys. Because I am not from Westfield, where the boys live, I thought I comprehended the directions in my head but..

Wrong.

I had to call my dad about six different times. I turned around in three different parking lots. I got off the wrong exit on 465.

What did I hear from the boys in the backseat?

"Kelsi, do you get lost all the time 'cause you're from Fishers? 'Cause you get lost a lot.."

Gee, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment