Wednesday, June 16, 2010

For the Next Five Days..


..my good friend Kayla Grell will be in Indiana! I have missed you.

For those of you who don't know, Kayla just so happens to be one of my best friends and she just so happens to live in Minnesota. Unfortunately, we have had to get separated by, well, "growing up" aka college. But before we went off our separate ways, we had the opportunity to become the best of friends, sisters.

Kayla and I met the very first time I went to youth group (April 11th, 2007) at Life Church in Fishers just three short years ago. Feels like a lifetime. We have been through a lot together (I know that sounds very cliche, but it is true) and I am just happy I made that phone call to Kayla over Winter Break. Changed our lives. I am so happy that we are able to hang out now just like old times. But something about our relationship has changed, not in a bad way, though. Kayla is still Kayla and Kelsi is still Kelsi. We are just different, grown up (in a sense). We have both experiences college life, meeting new friends, living in tiny dorms, and eating cafeteria food for 200 days. Kayla and I are very different, but hey, opposites attract, right?

When we hang out, there is never a dull moment. There are so many good times Kayla and I have had together, i can't even begin to name all of them, but here are some of my favorites:

- getting pulled over after bible study
- all dances we went to together (around 9 or 10)
- "yea, yea yea."
- TPing people's houses
- dying hair
- "if you wanna be my lover"
- babyboo and b.o.
- "Big Girl's Don't Cry"
- when my alarm went off at 3 a.m. and we called the cops
- SB`08!

..and absolutely everything else we have experienced together.

Even though we live eight hours apart, we have managed to stick together with phone calls, facebook, and, Thank God, Skype.

So, this is to you, Kalya Grell.

The NEW you.

(Oh and p.s. Kayla had been using tanning lotion and used a bit too much, whoops)

No comments:

Post a Comment