Sunday, June 13, 2010

Even Stevens


Anybody remember this show? It was one of my favorite's back in the day. Gotta love the fighting between Louis and older sis, Ren. Reminds me of my siblings and I.

My sister had the TV turned to the Disney Channel earlier and the Even Stevens just so happened to be on. I sat down and watched it with her, laughing at the crazy family. As I watched it, I reminisced back to when I was young and didn't have a summer job, and didn't worry about the future, just always worried about what mom was making for dinner. And I realized, I grew up too fast.

I am sitting here now in my younger sister's room as she packs for Camp this year. Lake Placid Camp is an event that I have looked forward to the past three summers. Gone just a week, this camp is the place where my life was changed forever. Camp is full of memories for me, both good and bad:

-Red Crimson Chaos, Black Hawks, Blue Rage (team names)
-paddle boats
-spending a week straight with Kayla
-the bus rides there (pee in a bottle anyone?)
-concession stand at night
-WINNING all three years I was there
-getting broken up with on the Wednesday (halfway through camp)...awkward yea?
-fun hair cuts, love you mikey
-boys coming to the window at 2 a.m. and me sleep talking "I'm not wearing pants!"
-getting saved by the One and Only
-NIGHT SERVICES, amazing to say the least
-getting in touch with God, away from all electronics or distractions
-leaving my house for a week
-coming back to my house after a week
-there are so many, many more

This year I am not able to attend Lake Placid Camp because I have gone off and graduated. I hope I (and the rest of my life church youth group) have left a legacy for the younger students to live by while they are at camp.

I will miss Lex (and everyone else who went) while she is at camp. I wish I was still a little sophomore in high school leaving in less than 24 hours to experience my first camp. But, I am all grown now, passing on the Camp legacy to my lil' sis.

Go Camp '10.

No comments:

Post a Comment